Renting a limousine for your much-anticipated event gets easier after the first time, but occasionally, experienced limo passengers get stunned when they find out certain facts about a limo hire. Ideally, before you sign a lease contract for anything, you should do a little reading on the do’s and don’ts for a limo hire Croydon. To help you out, here are some of the most commonly asked questions and their corresponding answers.
Does limo croydon service have to have a license to operate?
Most limousines croydon used for the bride and groom or for grieving families to and from the funeral do not require a license as long as the number passengers do not exceed 8 people. If the limo is to be used for other types of events, the limo rental company should have one of 2 UK licenses. If the company only rents out small limousines, the license is called a Private Hire Vehicle (PHV). PHV licenses are different for limousines used in London and outside the city. If the company has larger limousines that can seat more than 8 passengers, it will require a Public Sector Vehicle (PSV) license.
It is illegal for limo service operators to require its customers to rent limousines and chauffeurs separately in an attempt to avoid paying for a license.
What about the license of the chauffeur?
Limousine chauffeurs must possess a chauffeur’s or professional driver’s license. To get this, they must take a special class and test. The role of a limo chauffeur is critical and can cost a limousine service a lot of money in insurance if he does not have a valid professional license. In fact, most limo companies will never allow just anyone to drive their fleet mainly because it means they will have to pay more insurance.
What are the types of limousines for rent?
Today, there are about 6 types of limos for rent. They are the classic limousine, sedan limo, stretch limousine, Hummer limousine, party bus, and novelty limousines. Not all companies like limo hire Croydon offer all types of limousines. In fact, it is more important to make sure that the vehicles are road safe and properly registered. You should also inquire from the rental company about the age of their limo cars because there are different requirements for older models in terms of licensing and maintenance.
What are the perks of riding in a limousine?
Most, if not all limousine service companies offer the usual amenities like drinks (mostly non-alcoholic), snacks, and music. However, you should request for them and indicate your preferences. Most operators are more than happy to provide what they can to ensure an enjoyable ride for its passengers.
What are the do’s and don’ts as a limo passenger?
Here are a few suggestions to make your limo ride a time to remember and gloat about:
- While riding a limo is a special occasion, it does not mean you should be jumping around inside the vehicle in your excitement. This is distracting for the chauffeur and can cause an accident like a liquid spill or a bump in the head.
- Alcoholic drinks are generally not recommended except in small doses like one glass of champagne.
- Sticking your head out the limo window may look “Hollywood-ish” but it is actually very dangerous.
- Do remember to thank the driver for his service and tip him if you are happy with his performance.
- Do ask the driver about suggestions if you are traveling and in a foreign country or unfamiliar area. The driver is usually equipped with a wealth of information you will not easily find in books and online websites.
Finally, the best way to enjoy a Limo hire Reading ride is to pay attention to the contract and trip details so that when the actual trip happens, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride of your life.